1. The Liberator isn’t so much an actual pistol, but more of a zip gun. Though The Liberator does fire bullets.
2. The Liberator has the size and accuracy of an improvised weapon (pictured below), but it is deadly.
3. It fires a small .380 caliber bullet. You can download files to make one on a 3D printer if you have one.
4. Luckily for the world, a 3D printer can cost as much as $10,000, so this won’t exactly put a gun in the hand of anyone who wants one. But it is an impressive technological feat.
5. Check out footage of it being fired below.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›