1. After the Supreme Court struck down DOMA…
5. And obviously, the bars opened up.
7. Because you can’t have a sober DOMA-Is-Dead party.
Open Bar Happy Hour Hosted by City Cafe Celebrating the end of #doma! Everyone Invited!
9. Yesterday was a huge day for gay rights, a genuine turning point.
Overturned Doughnuts to celebrate Overturning #DOMA #Prop8 #SCOTUS #equality @GeorgeTakei @Toppot
11. And it was like the internet had one big pre-engagement party.
14. There was literally love everywhere you looked.
16. And, of course, dancing.
Time to celebrate the death of #DOMA #LoveIsLove #MarriageEquality #dance #funny
#howto be a Dancing Queen in the Bathroom at Hamburger Mary’s! #dancingqueen #abba #music #loop #DOMA #equa…
19. And some pretty famous people weighed in on the court’s ruling, like Jesus…
27. Edie Windsor went to the Stonewall Inn and deservedly partied it up.
30. And Google rounded out the day with a subtle and classy way to honor the occasion.
31. But perhaps, most beautifully of all, as the sun set in San Francisco, City Hall lit up in a beautiful rainbow.
SF City Hall at the end of a very gay day. #doma #prop8
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›