1. Remember the billboard a cheating wife made for her lying husband that popped up online last week?
2. Turns out it was actually an elaborate marketing stunt by a local Greensboro, North Carolina business.
3. FOX8 in Greensboro is reporting that it was actually an elaborate prank by local ice cream shop and wine bar Yo Daddy’s.
4. FOX8 contacted Kotis Developments, a company that owns several local businesses, including Yo Daddy’s, along with the electronic sign.
5. And it looks like it’s worked out for the business. Not only is their Facebook full of enthusiastic comments…
6. They’ve started a small billboard meme amongst other local businesses who use the same billboard.
9. The future of marketing: Cheating husband corporate fan-fiction
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.