1. An exiled Tibetan monk killed himself in Nepal in protest by setting himself on fire in front of a Buddhist monument on Wednesday.
2. That night the Tibetans-in-exile living in Kathmandu held a candlelight vigil in his memory.
4. There have been 100 acts of self-immolation by exiled Tibetan monks since 2009.
6. The Dalai Llama does not encourage self-immolation as a form of protest, but conversely does praise the courage of those who do it.
8. China invaded and occupied Tibet and has held the region since 1954.
- The CIA has officially—but very quietly—admitted that some allegations about its torture program were true.
- The U.S. government is suing Ferguson, Missouri, after the city tried to change a negotiated police reform settlement.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has dropped out of the 2016 Republican presidential race after poor results in New Hampshire 🇺🇸