1. Freelance photojournalist Ahmed Samir Assem was filming a sniper outside the Egyptian army’s Republican Guard officers’ club on Monday.
2. The sniper was firing at pro-Muslim Brotherhood protesters who were kneeling to pray outside the officers’ club.
3. According to The Telegraph, Assem was taking photographs around the building when shots started being fired.
4. The 26-year-old photographer was shot in the forehead by one of multiple snipers that were reportedly firing on protesters. His footage shows more victims who were already shot.
5. The 20 minutes of footage that Assem was able to take before he was killed will be used as evidence in an investigation about the incident.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!