1. Samantha Manns is honoring her grandmother, who passed away at 89, by performing 89 acts of kindness and documenting it on a Facebook.
3. From the 89 Acts Facebook page:
This page was started to track the 89 acts of kindness that I am performing in memory of my great-grandmother Virginia Booth. If you’ve received an act of kindness, let me know how it changed your day!
4. She started her first act of kindness in February:
6. Manns told her local paper The Chillicothe Gazette that her grandmother’s last words were, “I don’t want anybody to be upset.”
8. She understands that it may take months, but she’s been asking users on Facebook to suggest acts to keep it going.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›