1. Samantha Manns is honoring her grandmother, who passed away at 89, by performing 89 acts of kindness and documenting it on a Facebook.
3. From the 89 Acts Facebook page:
This page was started to track the 89 acts of kindness that I am performing in memory of my great-grandmother Virginia Booth. If you’ve received an act of kindness, let me know how it changed your day!
6. Manns told her local paper The Chillicothe Gazette that her grandmother’s last words were, “I don’t want anybody to be upset.”
8. She understands that it may take months, but she’s been asking users on Facebook to suggest acts to keep it going.
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued several marriage licenses to same-sex couples today. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›