1. Last month, special needs student Jamesha Beard was crowned homecoming queen of Butler Traditional High School in Louisville, Ky.
2. Jamesha was born with Goldenhar syndrome, a condition that causes abnormal facial features and developmental problems.
3. Last month though, she proudly walked across the school’s football field, linking arms with her classmate, Roderick.
4. Jamesha died over the weekend. Her classmates have already started to mourn her death on Twitter.
Pick of Rachel platt when she interviewed jamesha 3 months ago
5. Some students plan to memorialize Jamesha by wearing yellow at school.
If you are a peer tutor or hell, even go to Butler then you better be wearing something yellow tomorrow. #ripJamesha
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›