1. Myles, a 7-year-old second-grader from an elementary school in Milwaukee wrote to Vice President Biden suggesting guns should only shoot chocolate bullets. Biden sent him back a handwritten note.
2. In case you can’t read Uncle Joe’s chickenscratch, the note reads:
I am sorry it took me so very long to respond to your letter. I really like your idea. If we had guns that shot chocolate, not only would our country be safer, it would be happier. People love chocolate.
You are a good boy,
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.