1. Ostrovski has since deleted the photo and his Instagram account after the photo caused an outrage on various social media channels.
2. According to Israeli newspaper Haaretz:
The IDF released a statement saying that the photo is “not in accordance with the spirit of the IDF or its values.” A criminal investigation was also opened, but closed shortly after, finding that the soldier had not committed a criminal offense of any kind.
Ostrovski has since claimed he did not take the photo but instead found it online and posted it to his instagram account.
Similarly, a soldier who recently posted a photo of himself posing next to a blindfolded and handcuffed Palestinian prisoner on Facebook was sentenced to 14 days in a military prison.
3. The Electronic Intifada has photos of Ostrovski posing with weapons, also from his now-deleted instagram:
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.