1. Hundreds of Forest Hills High School students caused a mini-riot last week after attempting to do a “Harlem Shake” video.
2. Arnis Mehmetaj, the 17-year-old behind the stunt, was both suspended and arrested after it was discovered he organized the video. Mehmetaj was charged with disorderly conduct and is also suspended from school for five days.
3. A petition was immediately started by students at Forest Hills High School called “Give Arnis a Chance” and is viewable in Google’s cache, but it has since been taken down.
4. Arnis’ father told the New York Post that he has never gotten in trouble before this incident.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.