1. Florida International University’s Phi Kappa Alpha chapter is in hot water over their recent Facebook activity.
2. The Miami New Times collected a series of screenshots of the fraternity’s illicit behavior before their Facebook activity was deleted.
7. FIU has issued a statement about the posts, saying that they’re taking the matter seriously and have ordered Pike to cease all meetings.
8. The Miami New Times writes that 70 screenshots were sent to them by email anonymously.
9. The national organization of Phi Kappa Alpha issued a statement, as well:
“The International Fraternity had no previous knowledge of this Facebook group and was informed of its existence on Tuesday, August 20, 2013. The International Fraternity has been assured of the chapter’s full compliance with the temporary suspension and subsequent investigation.”
10. According to the fraternity’s still active Facebook page their mission statement is…
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?