1. Waterman decided to put the photos on his Facebook, for some reason.
2. In Florida, it is illegal to injure, harm, harass, capture, or attempt to capture a manatee. If he’s convicted he’ll be fine $500 and spent up to 60 days in jail.
4. Last October, a similar incident happened, involving a woman from Florida who got on the back of a manatee and rode it.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›
- President Obama is one vote away from sealing a historic nuclear deal with Iran after two Democratic senators backed the agreement. ›
- The fingerprints of the main suspect in last month's deadly Bangkok shrine blast match those found on bomb-making material, Thai police say. ›