1. Sonji Coney Williams was driving about 60 MPH on the Florida Turnpike when she struck an owl.
2. The next day while she was running errands, Williams saw two big yellow eyes looking at her as she walked back to her car.
3. The Great Horned Owl was let loose and discovered to have thankfully suffered no injuries.
4. CNN has the owl’s escape on video:
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.