1. Brian Holbrook’s 3-year-old son, Damon, accidentally and fatally shot himself in the head with a firearm that was left in an unlocked case Sunday night.
2. Damon was killed by a gun owned by family friend, Joshua Michael Greenhill, who was living with the family at the time.
3. Greenhill has been charged with Careless Discharge Of Firearm, facing up to 2 years in prison.
4. Yesterday, Holbrook took to Facebook, explaining that he still supports gun ownership.
“Yesterday I lost my 3yrd son to a gun accident. We r all hoping to wake up from this nightmare. Though we know that it is now a living nightmare. My baby boy is gone & I will never get to hold him again. I will miss him terribly.
I have nothing wrong with guns it’s with this country was built on. I will still support the Second Amendment.
All I ask is that everyone please, please safety first lock it up and put it out of reach of anyone that has no business being around a gun especially kids.
Gun safety people! My boy would still b here if it was put away like it should have been.
Thank you for all the prayers & well wishs.”
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›