1. Researchers at the University of New South Wales in Australia have been receiving patients with strange infections in their genitals.
2. PLOS One recently published an article confirming that 5.8% of the 2,018 prisoners surveyed had at one point given themselves a homemade penile implant.
Pictured above Brisbane Correctional Centre in Queensland, Australia, a prison in the region where penile implants are common.
3. WARNING: Do not scroll past this…
…if you don’t want to know the horrible details of how prisoners are giving themselves penile implants.
4. The prisoners typically open up the foreskins of their penises with ballpoint pens.
5. And insert foreign objects, such as ball bearings…
12. Pieces of dice (one man had carved a piece of dice into a heart).
13. Implants without proper sterilization carry a bevy of complications, including throbbing pain, penile infections, abscesses, or erectile dysfunction.
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit in Paris could be a "turning point" in saving the planet 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›