1. Researchers at the University of New South Wales in Australia have been receiving patients with strange infections in their genitals.
2. PLOS One recently published an article confirming that 5.8% of the 2,018 prisoners surveyed had at one point given themselves a homemade penile implant.
Pictured above Brisbane Correctional Centre in Queensland, Australia, a prison in the region where penile implants are common.
3. WARNING: Do not scroll past this…
…if you don’t want to know the horrible details of how prisoners are giving themselves penile implants.
4. The prisoners typically open up the foreskins of their penises with ballpoint pens.
12. Pieces of dice (one man had carved a piece of dice into a heart).
13. Implants without proper sterilization carry a bevy of complications, including throbbing pain, penile infections, abscesses, or erectile dysfunction.
- A Kentucky clerk is defying the Supreme Court by refusing to issue marriage licenses. Her policy comes from her religious opposition to same-sex marriage. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›