1. Researchers at the University of New South Wales in Australia have been receiving patients with strange infections in their genitals.
2. PLOS One recently published an article confirming that 5.8% of the 2,018 prisoners surveyed had at one point given themselves a homemade penile implant.
Pictured above Brisbane Correctional Centre in Queensland, Australia, a prison in the region where penile implants are common.
3. WARNING: Do not scroll past this…
…if you don’t want to know the horrible details of how prisoners are giving themselves penile implants.
4. The prisoners typically open up the foreskins of their penises with ballpoint pens.
12. Pieces of dice (one man had carved a piece of dice into a heart).
13. Implants without proper sterilization carry a bevy of complications, including throbbing pain, penile infections, abscesses, or erectile dysfunction.
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Britain is set to increase the number of refugees being let into the country. The extra people allowed aren't in Europe already, they will likely come from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›