1. An estimated 4,000 to 6,000 people poured into the streets after SUNY Cortland’s football team won its rivalry game against Ithaca.
Only in Cortland #cortaca #clayton
3. The president of SUNY Cortland issued a public apology to the community around the school, calling the students’ behavior inexcusable.
I still just cannot even fathom this weekends events #cortaca13 #crazy
Too tired to walk up the hill? Car was going at least 40mph #bestidea #cortaca @SUNYPartyStory
5. The rivalry match, The Cortaca Jug Game, is part of a long-running rivalry between SUNY Cortland and Ithaca.
That’s a funnel #cortaca
7. Over the weekend about 30 people were arrested, according to local law enforcement.
#Cortaca2013 most wild party ever
@SUNYPartyStory I love this show #Cortaca
9. Cortland police admitted, however, that at a certain point they had to stop arresting people.
Cortland’s’ finest trying to control Clayton #mobwins #Cortaca2013
Cortaca crazy! #clayton #Cortaca2013
11. Instead, law enforcement began focusing on managing the massive and unruly crowds.
Fueled up and ready to go #iwentfirst #cortland #cortaca #cortaca2013 #chargeee @SUNYPartyStory @GetWeirdCstate
13. The police were attacked at certain points during the celebration, being pelted with cans and pieces of wood.
Outrageous always. Out rage us never. #Cortaca2013
@SUNYPartyStory #cortland #cortaca look both ways before you cross the street
15. There are photos of multiple vehicles that were damaged over the weekend.
I guess they didn’t like your Oneonta bumper sticker #cortaca #Oneonta @Kristinasuzanne @SUNYPartyStory
17. Like this one driven through a house.
Car driven through a house….. #Cortaca2013
This girl needed protection from flying beer bottles so she wore a pasta strainer on her head #Cortaca
19. At a certain point local authorities had to bring in state police to quell some of the more out-of-control celebrating.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.