1. When her win was announced, Twitter immediately exploded with hateful tweets, with people calling her Arab.
And the Arab wins Miss America. Classic.
How the fuck does a foreigner win miss America? She is a Arab! #idiots
Miss Arab wins Miss America and the score of the Seattle/SanFran game is 5-0 at the half? What is life?
4. And shock that an Indian-American would win because “this is America.”
Jessica Ayres âš“
I swear I’m not racist but this is America.
Asian or indian are you kiddin this is america omg
this is America. not India
Miss New York is an Indian.. With all do respect, this is America
Egypt dancing? This is America. #MissAmerica
9. Other people were offended that she was crowned Miss America so close to the anniversary of 9/11.
9/11 was 4 days ago and she gets miss America?
@ABC2020 nice slap in the face to the people of 9-11 how pathetic #missamerica
#MissAmerica ummm wtf?! Have we forgotten 9/11?
12. And joked about her having possible ties to a terrorist group like al-Qaeda.
Miss America right now or miss Al Qaeda?
De La Rutherford
Congratulations Al-Qaeda. Our Miss America is one of you.
Miss America is a terrorist. Whatever. It’s fine.
So miss america is a terrorist
Not Miss America
More like Miss Terrorist #MissAmerica
17. And some were just outright racist.
Miss America? You mean Miss 7-11.
Miss America is brought to by their sponsors PF Changs and 7-11.
Miss America, footlong buffalo chicken on whole wheat. Please and thank you.
20. One of the most heavily shared pictures of the night was a four-panel image of Miss Kansas, Theresa Vail.
“#MissKansas a real miss America ” @nateypoo14 this is why everyone is freaking out over #MissAmerica
21. With people claiming Theresa Vail is what a “real Miss America looks like.”
Man our president nor our new Miss America isn’t even American I’m sorry but Miss Kansas I salute you your the real American #MissAmerica
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. Here's a recap 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.