2. When the sinkhole started opening around 5:30 a.m., it triggered an alarm that called the local fire department.
3. The sinkhole is reportedly 40 feet wide and at least 20 feet deep.
6. According to WKYU-FM, eight cars were swallowed up by the sinkhole. Two of them were on loan from General Motors, and the others were owned by the museum.
The cars on loan from GM:
• 1993 ZR-1 Spyder on loan from General Motors
• 2009 ZR1 “Blue Devil” on loan from General Motors
The other six vehicles owned by the museum are:
• 1962 Black Corvette
• 1984 PPG Pace Car
• 1992 White 1 Millionth Corvette
• 1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette
• 2001 Mallett Hammer Z06 Corvette
• 2009 White 1.5 Millionth Corvette
7. The museum is currently closed as its engineers assess the damage.
8. UPDATED: And here’s a video of it!
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- Super Bowl 50 catch-up: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑