1. According to Kentucky.com, a 5-year-old boy in Cumberland County, Kentucky was playing with his .22-caliber rifle when it accidentally went off, hitting his 2-year-old sister.
2. She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was pronounced dead.
3. The rifle was a Crickett brand “My First Rifle,” which are marketed to children.
5. Many are obviously upset over Crickett marketing their guns to extremely young children.
7. Their site not only features a “kids corner,” with a photo gallery of children shooting rifles…
8. …But they also sell children’s books about guns and hunting culture.
9. Here is a review done by “Haus Of Guns,” featuring a little girl using a bright pink Crickett-brand .22-caliber gun.
10. According to the family, the tragic shooting happened because they did not know there was still a shell in the gun.
11. The local coroner told reporters the incident was “just one of those crazy accidents.”