1. Wanted to shoot a Hare Krishna “in the spine”
Guest hosting on WRIF radio in Detroit in 1990, Nugent said in regard to a Hare Krishna who crossed paths with him, “And in my mind, I’m going, why can’t I just shoot this guy in the spine right now; shoot him in the spine, explain the facts of life to him?”
2. Called the Obama White House the “Mao Zedong Fan Club.”
3. Compared Muslims to Dalmatian dogsextended analogy in a Washington Times op-ed from May 2010:
Further complicating the life-and-death need to get these dangerous animals off the streets was the official directive by the czar of animal control, that, in an effort not to offend or hurt the feelings of any innocent Dalmatians, no officer can single out or “profile” any dogs based solely on the graphic makeup of their coats. In many instances, officers have passed up opportunities to capture and neutralize Dalmatians while they looked into reports of collies and Irish setters said to be running free in the neighborhood.
Here’s how the Motor City guitar player would have, and in the past has, handled such situations:
First rule from my hometown of Detroit - you don’t bring a net to a dogfight. You bring a silenced .22 Magnum scoped rifle and take out the dangerous animal with a head shot at the very first opportunity.
4. Dated a 17-year-old when he was 30, then made himself her legal guardian
Seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa was too young to marry Nugent. So Nugent made an agreement with the girl’s parents to become her legal guardian. This was rated #63 on Spin magazine’s “100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock” list.
5. Performed a song called “Wang Dang Sweet Poontang” wearing just a pair of briefs
6. Called for Deadheads to be “caned” and then raped in prison
In a 1994 interview with Denver Westword:
By the same token, should a kid going to a Grateful Dead concert who’s caught with sugar-cube-encrusted LSD go to prison for life with no parole? Of course not. But should that guy get caned? Yeah. And should he go to prison in an overcrowded cell where a huge, unclean black man will fuck him in the ass every night? Yeah. Now, that sounds cruel, doesn’t it? Well, tough fucking shit. These fucking liabilities in our country have had the run of things, but that’s over. Over.
7. Made this the cover of his 2007 greatest hits collection:
That’s a grenade in her mouth.
8. Rode a live buffalo onstage sometimes
9. Told a reporter he would “slap the shit out of him”
In a combative Q&A with the Phoenix New Times, talking to reporter Martin Cizmar:
“Martin, I gotta tell you, when I see you I’m going to have slap the shit out of you. I’ll buy you a mocha, then I’ll knee-cap you. Because that is so soulless. What a far-reaching fantasy.”
(The question was about Rush Limbaugh’s drug use.)
10. Draws a Secret Service Investigation
“We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their heads off in November,” he tells conservatives. “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued several marriage licenses to same-sex couples today. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›