Scott Brown with his pickup truck in 2010.
Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown drinks beer, drives his truck, and loses his keys in a Boston Herald article from today. A reporter followed him to a brewery in Canton, MA:
“You can pound those pretty good,” Brown said as he tasted one of the lighter brews. His favorite was a hoppy beer called Red I.P.A.
“Sit down. Try this one. I’ve seen you in the bars before, don’t act like you’ve never been to a bar,” he said, sliding over a stool. “We’re gonna have her dancing in the back of the truck.”
Brown then got behind the wheel of his dark green pickup and cruised to his next campaign stop.
“He even lost his keys at one campaign stop — adding an unplanned exclamation point to his regular-guy persona.”
Drinking and driving aside, it’s this kind of campaigning that gives “Scotto” an edge in Massachusetts, where a successful populist approach hinges on appreciating a good drink and talking credibly about the Red Sox. Though Brown’s opponent Elizabeth Warren is a darling of the progressive movement and has out-fundraised him, the two are neck-and-neck in the polls.
- Juso Train Scott Brown Drinks, Drives In Boston... and thinks it’s Ew, Fail & LOL
- hartwik thinks Scott Brown Drinks, Drives In Boston... is Fail, OMG & WTF
- thedailybeast.com readers just made Scott Brown Drinks, Drives In Boston... hotter
- Scott Brown Drinks, Drives In Boston... is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- Scott Brown Drinks, Drives In Boston... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It