1. Volkswagen created a pretty impressive PSA for an audience in Hong Kong that shows what happens when you look at your phone while driving.
3. After they were seated, the audience was shown a first-person view of a car on the road.
4. Using a location-based broadcaster, a person hiding upstairs then sent a text to everyone in the theater.
5. While they took a moment to look at their phone, the car suddenly slammed abruptly into a tree — much like it could have if they had actually been driving.
6. It was pretty alarming.
7. “Mobile use is now the leading cause of death behind the wheel,” the ad finished. Well played, Volkswagen.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!