1. Volkswagen created a pretty impressive PSA for an audience in Hong Kong that shows what happens when you look at your phone while driving.
3. After they were seated, the audience was shown a first-person view of a car on the road.
4. Using a location-based broadcaster, a person hiding upstairs then sent a text to everyone in the theater.
5. While they took a moment to look at their phone, the car suddenly slammed abruptly into a tree — much like it could have if they had actually been driving.
Rachel Zarrell is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Rachel Zarrell at email@example.com.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›