1. Meet Ronan Nelson.
3. Last year, the student at California’s Cathedral Catholic High School suffered a major rugby injury that crushed his spine and left him paralyzed.
5. Now meet Taylor Cunningham.
7. On March 17, Taylor was badly injured when an alleged drunk driver drove in the wrong direction and rammed head-on into the minivan Taylor was in with her mother and two little sisters.
9. Taylor spent 17 days in a coma and a total of 75 days in the hospital. Her friends feared Taylor, who loved to dance, might never walk again.
11. But with a contagious optimism, both Taylor and Ronan awed their friends and family by vowing to do whatever it took to move forward.
13. On Sept. 27, their courage was rewarded when they were crowned Homecoming King and Queen at their San Diego high school.
Good on the Dons for choosing Ronan and Taylor Homecoming King and Queen. No finer choice. @CCHSAthletics @Donsfootball