1. A unverified video of a newborn lamb with just one eye learning to walk in Turkey has begun making the rounds this week, somehow looking both terrifying and adorable at the same time.
3. In the shocking clip, the fluffy newborn bleats as it tries to walk while a farmer shows its face to the camera.
Some commenters pointed out that since the eye doesn’t seem to blink, it might not actually be functioning.
It’s not clear if the video is real, but Metro reports one-eyed lambs were also born in Idaho during the 1950s. A naturally-occurring chemical in some strains of wild corn was the culprit, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture investigation.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.
- Two people were killed and at least 22 injured after a circus tent collapsed amid stormy weather Monday evening in New Hampshire.