1. Visitors to Chicago’s Lollapalooza music festival got a surprise “celebrity” sighting over the weekend when Malia Obama showed up for Sunday’s Chance the Rapper show, flanked by two plainclothes guards and three friends.
3. Festival-goers tweeted excitedly about seeing the tall 15-year-old during the set, with many praising her floral fashion sense.
6. Though she was spotted in a selfie with one attendee, she politely declined a request from another.
8. But others were excited just to get a peek at the First Daughter.
12. I think it’s time to make Malia the Secretary of Fun Teens.
Rachel Zarrell is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Rachel Zarrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›