1. If your normal bag of Doritos hasn’t provided enough entertainment, PepsiCo has just launched “Doritos Roulette,” a new gimmick where just a few of the chips in each bag are insanely hot.
You know, like Russian roulette. But with chips instead of guns.
3. Some consumers are calling the spicy chips “a solid slap in the face,” and hundreds have taken to posting videos of themselves taking the challenge on YouTube, the Financial Post reports.
4. The Roulette edition was launched in Canada last month, but — sadly — it’s not clear whether they’ll come to the U.S. or not.
6. Luckily for us, we get to live vicariously through the Canadians who have filmed themselves trying it.
“It really is hot. It’s not like a Dorito,” said Erika, one YouTuber who tried it with a friend.
7. Teens are especially taking part in the chip roulette craze.
“Oh, that is really spicy,” one young vlogger said.
10. The only thing worse than getting a spicy chip, it seems, is getting a bag with none. Or at least not being sensitive enough to be affected by it.
“Not impressed Doritos, not impressed,” said YouTuber Cam Doughty.
11. People are also sharing pictures of themselves post-spicy chip with the hashtag #BurnSelfie as part of a Doritos giveaway.
14. Good luck out there, Canadian snackers!
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.