1. A Knoxville, Tenn., Easter egg hunt turned grisly when a woman discovered a dead body, WBIR reports.
2. The woman, who has not been identified, was having an Easter egg hunt with her 4-year-old when she discovered the body of a fully-clothed man under her porch.
3. The homeowner had complained for days of a foul odor near her home, she told police, and even tried to find the source of the smell a few times, with no luck.
She even asked someone who came to cut her grass to try to find the source of the odor, but they also failed to notice the corpse beneath her deck.
4. It wasn’t until April 16, after scattering several pastel-colored eggs around her yard for her child, that the woman found the man’s body wedged beneath the deck.
5. Medical examiners believe the body had been decomposing 15 to 20 feet from the deck’s opening for at least a week, and maybe two.
Police said there was no evidence of foul play, and believe the man died of a medical condition. They added that they don’t believe he had set up camp in the space.
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit in Paris could be a "turning point" in saving the planet 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›