1. Adrian Broadway, 15, and her friends were pranking a neighbor in Little Rock, Ark., around 1 a.m. Saturday by putting eggs, leaves and mayonnaise on his car when he came outside with a shotgun.
2. When the teenager and her six friends tried to drive away, 48-year-old Willie Noble shot at the car, striking Broadway in the head, reports ArkansasMatters.com.
3. Broadway’s friends, all between the ages of 14 and 18, drove to the local Kum & Go gas station, where they called an ambulance. Paramedics found the teen unresponsive.
The only other injury was to 18-year-old driver Dshone Nelson, who had minor lacerations to his hands from the broken glass.
4. The 15-year-old was brought to Children’s Hospital, where she died from her injuries.
5. Lieutenant Sidney Allen of the Little Rock Police Department told KATV the teens were retaliating for a prank that happened three months ago involving them and Noble’s son.
“Apparently Mr. Noble’s teenage son had done a prank on some of the kids that were inside the vehicle on Halloween Night. As a result they were doing a retaliation prank and it ultimately had deadly results,” Allen said.