1. Families attending a screening of Frozen in Pinellas Park, Fla., were shown a little more than they bargained for when a porn clip began to play before the movie.
3. One blog reported that the scene was said to possibly be the red band trailer for Lars von Trier’s erotic indie film, Nymphomaniac, which shows explicit material like oral sex.
5. Lynn Greene, who was at the Regal Cinemas Park Place Stadium 16 with her grandchildren, said the theater was having technical difficulties before the movie and started to play a cartoon. “[T]hen all of a sudden it goes into this other scene,” she said.
7. The clip played for two minutes, but Greene said it seemed much longer. “It seemed like forever when you’re trying to, you know, cover a little guy’s eyes,” she said. “I didn’t have enough hands to cover his ears too and he got the sound down real good.”
9. The theater offered the families free tickets, but Greene said that wasn’t enough. “You’re talking, what, a PG-rated movie to all of a sudden have an R-rated scene up there for little children?” she said.
11. No word yet on whether Von Trier plans to play a clip of Frozen before a screening of Nyphomaniac as retribution.
13. If you dare, here’s the official and very NSFW trailer for Nymphomaniac that a bunch of children may have accidentally watched.
14. Update 3 p.m., ET: A commenter on the original story seems to be saying that it was actually the opening scene from Dallas Buyer’s Club.
Rachel Zarrell is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Rachel Zarrell at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Zimbabwe's environment minister has called for Walter Palmer, the American dentist who killed Cecil the lion, to be extradited over the animal's death.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.
- A BuzzFeed News investigation lifts the lid on a security scandal that the police and MI5 tried to keep secret.