1. Diners at the Moby Dick Restaurant in Santa Barbara, Calif., captured powerful waves that resulted from a winter storm.
“The dining room was filled with the sound of glass shattering and people screaming as a wave of water rush over the dining room carpet,” witness Forrest Buchanan wrote on YouTube.
Buchanan added that they evacuated the room without any further injuries from the minor ones suffered when the waves crashed through.
3. “High tide and big swell can make for some salty eggs!!,” wrote witness Jill Freeland.
4. And here’s one that was filmed straight-on:
“We wanted to watch the waves rolling in from the storm that started last night, and boy did we get to watch a wave roll in,” witness Michael Quaranta wrote.
- A Kentucky clerk is defying the Supreme Court by refusing to issue marriage licenses. Her policy comes from her religious opposition to same-sex marriage. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›