1. Apple’s flagship Fifth Avenue store in New York is encased in a beautiful 32-foot-tall glass cube near Central Park.
2. On Tuesday, as a powerful snowstorm pounded the city, one of the massive glass panels shattered.
3. Several photos of the broken glass were posted on Instagram.
4. An Apple representative told BuzzFeed the glass apparently shattered when a snowblower hit the structure during the afternoon.
5. Fixing the glass won’t be cheap. According to 9to5Mac, each panel may cost as much as $445,000.
6. Despite the shattered cube, the representative said the store will remain open.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›