1. “Lightning like this is almost unheard of, especially in the summer,” Mike Konvolinka said with this stunning photo in Pacifica, Calif.
2. The storms were captured over San Francisco near the iconic Sutro Tower.
5. The bolts lit up San Francisco’s SOMA district.
6. Lightning was seen across the San Francisco Bay.
8. Lightning could be seen from AT&T Park while the Giants played.
Lightening at the Giants game. #sfgiants
10. From Tilden Park in the Berkeley Hills just before sunset.
11. And from San Francisco’s Potrero Hill overlooking San Bruno.
12. Lightning could be seen mixing with a layer of fog in the Bernal Heights neighborhood.
18. The National Weather Service recorded more than 11,000 lightning strikes across the area throughout the evening.
19. But despite all the storms in the sky, very little rain actually fell.
Despite all of the storms, 0.12” in #Sunnyvale is the highest rainfall report from this evening. #bayareawx/ Via
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›