1. “Lightning like this is almost unheard of, especially in the summer,” Mike Konvolinka said with this stunning photo in Pacifica, Calif.
2. The storms were captured over San Francisco near the iconic Sutro Tower.
8. Lightning could be seen from AT&T Park while the Giants played.
Lightening at the Giants game. #sfgiants
12. Lightning could be seen mixing with a layer of fog in the Bernal Heights neighborhood.
18. The National Weather Service recorded more than 11,000 lightning strikes across the area throughout the evening.
19. But despite all the storms in the sky, very little rain actually fell.
Despite all of the storms, 0.12” in #Sunnyvale is the highest rainfall report from this evening. #bayareawx/ Via