1. Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez appeared in Fall River, Mass., court Friday and entered not guilty plea to first-degree murder and five weapons charges.
Hernandez is charged with the killing of 27-year-old semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.
Both the prosecution and defense agreed that Hernandez would continue to be held without bail until a later hearing when the topic would be revisited. Hernandez’s next court date was scheduled for Oct. 9.
2. Hernandez’s family attended today’s hearing; his mother was seen weeping in the front row during the arraignment. As Hernandez exited the courtroom, he said, “I love you” in the direction of the family.
3. The emotional mother of Odin Lloyd also attended Friday’s hearing along with other family members.
4. At least two supporters wearing Hernandez jerseys were in attendance too.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›