2. Americans’ Views on Legalizing Marijuana Have Changed Dramatically Over the Past Few Decades:
A majority of Americans (58%) now say marijuana should be legalized.
3. Percentage of Americans Who Support Legalizing Marijuana, by Party Identification:
62% of independents now favor legalization, up 12 percentage points from November 2012.
4. Americans’ Views on Legalizing Marijuana, by Age:
The only age group not in favor of legalization was those 65 years or older.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Rapper 50 Cent may claim he's broke, but court records filed in his bankruptcy case show he has $10 million in various bank accounts.