2. Americans’ Views on Legalizing Marijuana Have Changed Dramatically Over the Past Few Decades:
A majority of Americans (58%) now say marijuana should be legalized.
3. Percentage of Americans Who Support Legalizing Marijuana, by Party Identification:
62% of independents now favor legalization, up 12 percentage points from November 2012.
4. Americans’ Views on Legalizing Marijuana, by Age:
The only age group not in favor of legalization was those 65 years or older.
- The South Carolina Senate voted to remove the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds. The bill still must be passed by the House.
- Greece has a new finance minister after Yanis Varoufakis resigned on Monday following the country's "no" vote on austerity measures tied to further bailout funds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.