2. Americans’ Views on Legalizing Marijuana Have Changed Dramatically Over the Past Few Decades:
A majority of Americans (58%) now say marijuana should be legalized.
3. Percentage of Americans Who Support Legalizing Marijuana, by Party Identification:
62% of independents now favor legalization, up 12 percentage points from November 2012.
4. Americans’ Views on Legalizing Marijuana, by Age:
The only age group not in favor of legalization was those 65 years or older.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›