1. We kicked butt in the Olympics
“We just won more Olympic medals than any other nation on Earth.” - Mitt Romney
2. We beat China to the moon
“I hope they stop in and take a look at our flag that was put there 43 years ago.” - Mitt Romney
3. Two words: Mars Rover
“We just landed on Mars, took a look at what’s going on there.” - Mitt Romney
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.