1. Gay rights activist Kirill Kalugin unfolded a pride flag reading “This is Tolerance Propaganda” on St. Petersburg’s Dvortsovaya Square.
2. A group of paratroopers celebrating the annual “Paratrooper Day” holiday surrounded him and told him to leave.
3. When Kalugin refused, the paratroopers started shoving him.
4. Kalugin said that he recognized some of the men as nationalists who had previously attacked LGBT demonstrations in St. Petersburg while dressed as Cossacks.
5. Police then detained Kalugin for his own safety.
6. Paratroopers tried to keep attacking Kalugin.
7. Two of them were arrested.
10. Here’s the full video.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›