1. “I Don’t Know What Syria Is, But I Still Don’t Want Them To Bomb It”
A Moscow strip club has released an anti-war themed calendar praising Vladimir Putin for his efforts to stop U.S. strikes on Syria.
Golden Girls club owner Sergei Li said he was having a meeting with employees when one of them raised her worries about the Syrian crisis, which has claimed over 100,000 lives. “I know that a lot of people won’t believe that our girls could be interested in anything at all,” he said in a press release. “So when I listened to her, I started asking the other girls if they knew anything about the situation in Syria, and it turned out a lot of them were.” Li said that he would attempt to send one copy to Putin and another to U.S. President Barack Obama.
This isn’t the first time Putin has been honored with his own striptease calendar: students from Moscow State University’s journalism school disrobed for his birthday in 2010.
5. “The Planet Has Been Saved From War (#somethingtothankputinfor)”
6. “They Don’t Go To Journalism School, But They’ve Got A Position Too”
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›