A shooting at the Washington Navy Yard that killed several people and injured more Monday is “a clear confirmation of ‘American exceptionalism,’” Russia’s parliamentary foreign affairs chief Alexey Pushkov tweeted Monday.
3. “A new shootout at Navy headquarters in Washington - a lone gunman and 7 corpses. Nobody’s even surprised anymore. A clear confirmation of American exceptionalism.’”
ÐÐ¾Ð²Ð°Ñ ÑÑ‚Ñ€ÐµÐ»ÑŒÐ±Ð° Ñƒ ÑˆÑ‚Ð°Ð±Ð° Ð’ÐœÐ¡ Ð² Ð’Ð°ÑˆÐ¸Ð½Ð³Ñ‚Ð¾Ð½Ðµ - Ð¾Ð´Ð¸Ð½Ð¾ÐºÐ¸Ð¹ ÑÑ‚Ñ€ÐµÐ»Ð¾Ðº Ð¸ 7 Ñ‚Ñ€ÑƒÐ¿Ð¾Ð². ÐÐ¸ÐºÑ‚Ð¾ ÑƒÐ¶Ðµ Ð½Ðµ ÑƒÐ´Ð¸Ð²Ð»ÐµÐ½. ÐÐ°Ð³Ð»ÑÐ´Ð½Ð¾Ðµ Ð¿Ð¾Ð´Ñ‚Ð²ÐµÑ€Ð¶Ð´ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ðµ “Ð°Ð¼ÐµÑ€.Ð¸ÑÐºÐ»ÑŽÑ‡Ð¸Ñ‚ÐµÐ»ÑŒÐ½Ð¾ÑÑ‚Ð¸”
The USA should part with the notion of American exceptionalism. It contradicts the principles of equal rights and smells of political racism
5. Pushkov didn’t seem to understand the outcry in the U.S. over his comments:
6. “The torrent of hate towards us from American citizens is staggering. One writes: ‘It seems that we (that is, the U.S.) saved you from the Germans during WWII for nothing’!!!”
ÐŸÐ¾Ñ‚Ð¾Ðº Ð½ÐµÐ½Ð°Ð²Ð¸ÑÑ‚Ð¸ Ðº Ð½Ð°Ð¼ Ð¾Ñ‚ Ð°Ð¼ÐµÑ€.Ð³Ñ€Ð°Ð¶Ð´Ð°Ð½ Ð¿Ð¾Ñ€Ð°Ð·Ð¸Ñ‚ÐµÐ»ÐµÐ½. ÐžÐ´Ð¸Ð½ Ð¿Ð¸ÑˆÐµÑ‚:”Ð’Ð¸Ð´Ð¸Ð¼Ð¾, Ð¼Ñ‹ ( Ñ‚.Ðµ. Ð¡Ð¨Ð) Ð·Ñ€Ñ ÑÐ¿Ð°ÑÐ»Ð¸ Ð²Ð°Ñ Ð¾Ñ‚ Ð½ÐµÐ¼Ñ†ÐµÐ² Ð²Ð¾ Ð²Ñ‚Ð¾Ñ€Ð¾Ð¹ Ð¼Ð¸Ñ€Ð¾Ð²Ð¾Ð¹ Ð²Ð¾Ð¹Ð½Ðµ”!!!
Pushkov was tweeting based off unconfirmed reports of the shooting, the exact number of victims of which is still unknown. The Associated Press cited a Pentagon official as saying that several people were killed and as many as 10 injured.
Pushkov is not the first Russian lawmaker to gloat at the U.S. on Twitter after the White House accepted a Kremlin proposal to avert a strike on Syria. Last Friday, a Duma colleague and former Olympic athlete tweeted a racist photo of Barack and Michelle Obama, then refused to apologize. U.S. Ambassador Michael McFaul called Rodnina’s tweet “outrageous behavior, which only brings shame to her parliament and country.”
8. The U.S. Embassy in Russia tweeted to Pushkov: “What’s exceptionalism got to do with it? Why use a tragedy to score political points?”
ÐŸÐ¾ÑÐ¾Ð»ÑŒÑÑ‚Ð²Ð¾ Ð¡Ð¨Ð Ð² Ð Ð¤
.@Alexey_Pushkov ÐŸÑ€Ð¸Ñ‡ÐµÐ¼ Ñ‚ÑƒÑ‚ Ð¸ÑÐºÐ»ÑŽÑ‡Ð¸Ñ‚ÐµÐ»ÑŒÐ½Ð¾ÑÑ‚ÑŒ? Ð—Ð°Ñ‡ÐµÐ¼ Ð¸ÑÐ¿Ð¾Ð»ÑŒÐ·Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ñ‚ÑŒ Ñ‚Ñ€Ð°Ð³ÐµÐ´Ð¸ÑŽ Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð½Ð°Ð±Ð¾Ñ€Ð° Ð¿Ð¾Ð»Ð¸Ñ‚Ð¸Ñ‡ÐµÑÐºÐ¸Ñ… Ð¾Ñ‡ÐºÐ¾Ð²?
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- New York's attorney general is looking into whether employees at fantasy sports sites might have won bets based on information not available to the public, the New York Times reports. ›