1. $80.5 million per page of Hatching Twitter, the biography of Twitter’s early tumultuous years.
The book is 305 pages long.
2. $490 million for every year of the life of Dick Costolo, the grown-up that turned Twitter into a real company.
He’s 50 years old.
3. $175 million for every character in a 140-character long Tweet.
4. About $244 for each user that checks Twitter every single day.
Twitter has about 100 million daily active users.
5. About $1,020 for each Tweet fired off during the Super Bowl this year.
There were 24 million of them, Twitter said.
6. About $49 for every Tweet sent each day.
Twitter says its users send out about 500 million Tweets every day.
7. $24.5 billion for each forgotten co-founder who wasn’t at the New York Stock Exchange to ring the opening bell…
8. …and $8.2 billion for each co-founder that was there.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️