1. Baidu is China’s biggest search engine. Its autocomplete function is also — as internet celebrity @PretendingToBeInNewYork found — a strange window into China’s prejudices, showing that (of course) oddly specific regional stereotypes exist everywhere.
Below are some translations.
16. And for your record, this is what Baidu thinks of Americans and U.K. people:
Comics Editor + Chinese-English Translator.
Contact Kevin Tang at kevin.tang+DONE@buzzfeed.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating.