17. Joe Smith: How to use a paper towel
Description: You use paper towels to dry your hands every day, but chances are, you’re doing it wrong. In this enlightening and funny short talk, Joe Smith reveals the trick to perfect paper towel technique.
Why it’s awful: SHAKE. FOLD. That’s it, for four minutes. Pretty sure he wastes like 12 paper towels in this demonstration, too.
21. BONUS GRIPE: By the way, the TED site itself is pretty broken:
Videos often have trouble loading, and when you browse for talks from older conferences, the pages look like this hot mess above.
Additional reporting by Allison McCann
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›