3. “Customer brought in unit for virus removal…had to CONVINCE them they needed a new Power Supply as well (‘but it works!’)”
4. “All this client told me was that his girlfriend got mad at him.”
5. “They said the computer sounded like it was about to take off.”
7. “User dropped his laptop and asked me if I could fix it.”
10. “Everytime I turn it on it just shows a red dot and smells really bad…”
11. “This is the server I was asked to upgrade today :(“
12. “He said he didn’t know why our network was running slow.”
13. “Don’t Smoke and Compute”
“This is the PSU from my uncle’s dead computer. He handed it off to my dad to see if it could be fixed. After being unable to get it to stay on for more than about 10 seconds, I decided to throw in a spare PSU I just happened to have laying around. The PC booted with no problem. The inside of his case smelled of stale tobacco, but the CPU and GPU fans were surprisingly clean. I noticed that the tobacco smell was hovering over the PSU after removal, so I decided to pop it open. This is what was left in the PSU AFTER about two cigars worth of tar fell out.”
17. “Attempting to restore a machine using the customer-created discs, they showed up invalid, so I checked for scratches. Well THERE’S your problem.”
20. “Taking apart a PC for a client, who also happens to be a smoker.”
21. “It’s occasionally overheating on me. I have no idea why!”
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The man accused of fatally shooting a Memphis, Tennessee, police officer on Saturday has turned himself in.