3. “Customer brought in unit for virus removal…had to CONVINCE them they needed a new Power Supply as well (‘but it works!’)”
4. “All this client told me was that his girlfriend got mad at him.”
5. “They said the computer sounded like it was about to take off.”
7. “User dropped his laptop and asked me if I could fix it.”
10. “Everytime I turn it on it just shows a red dot and smells really bad…”
11. “This is the server I was asked to upgrade today :(“
12. “He said he didn’t know why our network was running slow.”
13. “Don’t Smoke and Compute”
“This is the PSU from my uncle’s dead computer. He handed it off to my dad to see if it could be fixed. After being unable to get it to stay on for more than about 10 seconds, I decided to throw in a spare PSU I just happened to have laying around. The PC booted with no problem. The inside of his case smelled of stale tobacco, but the CPU and GPU fans were surprisingly clean. I noticed that the tobacco smell was hovering over the PSU after removal, so I decided to pop it open. This is what was left in the PSU AFTER about two cigars worth of tar fell out.”
17. “Attempting to restore a machine using the customer-created discs, they showed up invalid, so I checked for scratches. Well THERE’S your problem.”
20. “Taking apart a PC for a client, who also happens to be a smoker.”
21. “It’s occasionally overheating on me. I have no idea why!”
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?