3. “Customer brought in unit for virus removal…had to CONVINCE them they needed a new Power Supply as well (‘but it works!’)”
4. “All this client told me was that his girlfriend got mad at him.”
5. “They said the computer sounded like it was about to take off.”
7. “User dropped his laptop and asked me if I could fix it.”
10. “Everytime I turn it on it just shows a red dot and smells really bad…”
11. “This is the server I was asked to upgrade today :(“
12. “He said he didn’t know why our network was running slow.”
13. “Don’t Smoke and Compute”
“This is the PSU from my uncle’s dead computer. He handed it off to my dad to see if it could be fixed. After being unable to get it to stay on for more than about 10 seconds, I decided to throw in a spare PSU I just happened to have laying around. The PC booted with no problem. The inside of his case smelled of stale tobacco, but the CPU and GPU fans were surprisingly clean. I noticed that the tobacco smell was hovering over the PSU after removal, so I decided to pop it open. This is what was left in the PSU AFTER about two cigars worth of tar fell out.”
17. “Attempting to restore a machine using the customer-created discs, they showed up invalid, so I checked for scratches. Well THERE’S your problem.”
20. “Taking apart a PC for a client, who also happens to be a smoker.”
21. “It’s occasionally overheating on me. I have no idea why!”
- Kids in California schools can no longer be opted out of vaccination on religious or personal grounds under a new law.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.