Since Hillary Clinton left the State Department, she’s given many, many speeches — both paid and unpaid — netting an estimated $5 million. Here are the strangest venues she’s either spoken at or will soon.
11. The annual Queen Sofía Spanish Institute Gold Medal Gala
It’s a gala that honors people who have contributed to the international appreciation of Spain and Ibero-America!
10. The National Automobile Dealers Association Convention & Expo
A trade association for car dealers!
9. The Marketing Nation Summit
This is not a photo of marketing. Clinton spoke at the Marketo Marketing Nation Summit 2014 this year.
8. The Biotechnology Industry Organization’s annual convention
And this is not a photo of biotechnology! Clinton will speak this summer at the convention for the trade organization (BIO), which represents genetically modified food, pharmaceutical drugs, and biofuels.
7. The Montreal Board Of Trade
It’s all about the poutine exports.
6. The National Association of Chain Drug Stores
A trade association for drug stores!
5. The National Association Of Convenience Stores
A trade association for convenience stores and gas stations!
4. The United Fresh Produce Association
A trade association for produce producers that Clinton will speak to on June 10!
3. The American Chemistry Council
A trade association that promotes the business interests of chemistry that Clinton will speak to on June 3!
2. A Boys & Girls Club of Long Beach, California, corporate luncheon
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›