Last year, the FCC announced that it would establish rules about how loud TV commercials can be relative to normal programming:bq. The Commission adopted rules on December 13, 2011 that will require commercials to have the same average volume as the programs they accompany.
Adam Weinstein at MoJo reminds us that on Thursday, television stations will actually have to start following these rules (unless they get a waiver for ” financial hardship in obtaining the equipment to comply with the new law,” which provides an extra year of leeway).
This is good news. Why?
2. Because this exists:
3. And this:
4. Because Flo is still employed:
5. Because this spokesband is still making songs:
6. Because of Fake Rod Serling and his awful piglet:
7. Because this terrible earworm is chewing its way closer and closer to important parts of my brain:
8. Because stop, stop it, stahhhppppp:
9. Because of TWEEEEEEE:
10. Because AGGGGHHHHHHHHHH:
11. Because BECAUSE BEACUSE BEACASGFJHSRGFSLE:
Maybe next year the FCC will just ban commercials.