The same people who pulled off a hour-long hijacking of Burger King’s account yesterday have struck again, this time taking over Jeep’s official Twitter feed. The posts are similar in nature: shoutouts to the same handful of Twitter users, including @lilinternet and @dfntsc, and there are links to many of the same pictures and videos as yesterday.
The hack has lasted nearly an hour. Twitter has not yet responded to a request for comment.
3. Cadillac has been put in the awkward position of denying involvement:
Just to clarify, Cadillac is not connected to the hack of the @Jeep Twitter account.— Cadillac
4. As has Twitter personality @lilinternet, who has been mentioned in both hacks:
I DID NOT HACK
JEEP OR @BURGERKING THAT’S @GUHTI_ FOLLOW THEM !! I DID HOWEVER LOL AND LOL AND LOL AND LOL AND LOL. THANK U.—LIL INTERNET
5. This is @GUHTI_, the alleged hacker, whose account has since been suspended:
Gizmodo reports that his name may be Tony Cunha.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."