1. Remember the band-plays-on scene from “Titanic”?
2. It really happened. And now the violin played by bandmaster Wallace Hartley has been found and positively identified, according to British auction house Henry Aldridge & Son.
The auction house worked tirelessly with forensic scientists, Oxford University, and a Hartley biographer to identify the violin, according to the Associated Press. The instrument is still in good condition, despite being water-stained and cracked.
4. According to the auction house, Hartley’s body was found strapped to a large valise with the violin inside. It then went from his fiancee to a Salvation Army and a violin teacher.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion is found to belong to a Boeing 777, a Malaysian official confirmed to AFP Friday.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.