1. Remember the band-plays-on scene from “Titanic”?
2. It really happened. And now the violin played by bandmaster Wallace Hartley has been found and positively identified, according to British auction house Henry Aldridge & Son.
The auction house worked tirelessly with forensic scientists, Oxford University, and a Hartley biographer to identify the violin, according to the Associated Press. The instrument is still in good condition, despite being water-stained and cracked.
4. According to the auction house, Hartley’s body was found strapped to a large valise with the violin inside. It then went from his fiancee to a Salvation Army and a violin teacher.
- Greece won't pay the International Monetary Fund the $1.8 billion it owes on time, paving the way for a formal default.
- At least 30 people were reported dead after a military plane crashed into two houses in a residential neighborhood in the Indonesian city of Medan.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.