1. Remember the band-plays-on scene from “Titanic”?
2. It really happened. And now the violin played by bandmaster Wallace Hartley has been found and positively identified, according to British auction house Henry Aldridge & Son.
The auction house worked tirelessly with forensic scientists, Oxford University, and a Hartley biographer to identify the violin, according to the Associated Press. The instrument is still in good condition, despite being water-stained and cracked.
4. According to the auction house, Hartley’s body was found strapped to a large valise with the violin inside. It then went from his fiancee to a Salvation Army and a violin teacher.
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›