1. This is Assemblyman Dov Hikind, a Democrat from Brooklyn.
2. This is how Assemblyman Hikind, center, dressed up for the Jewish holiday Purim.
With his wife and son, via Facebook
Politicker reports that Hikind hired a professional makeup artist to transform him for the “basketball player” costume.
After some backlash, Hikind issued the following statement:
Yes, I wore a costume on Purim and hosted a party. Most of the people who attended also wore costumes. Everywhere that Purim was being celebrated, people wore costumes. It was Purim. People dress up.
I am intrigued that anyone who understands Purim — or for that matter understands me — would have a problem with this. This is political correctness to the absurd. There is not a prejudiced bone in my body.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade today. He's been apprehended..
- A judge set a $1 million bond for Ray Tensing, who was charged with murder for fatally shooting Samuel Dubose.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.