1. This is a 29-year-old man convicted in Shiraz, Iran, of being part of a 10-member burglary gang.
2. His sentence is three years in prison, confiscation of property, and the amputation of three fingers.
3. Last Thursday, his amputation was carried out in Shiraz’s public square.
5. His annoucement is believed to be an attempt to prevent protests leading up to June’s election.
- The battle to replace Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who died Saturday, is expected to elevate the role of the court in an unprecedented way.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates had their nastiest debate yet in South Carolina 🇺🇸
- And "Deadpool" made $135 million this weekend, the best U.S. debut for an R-rated film. That's a lotta chimichangas 💵