1. On Monday morning, Howard Kurtz — who left Tina Brown’s Daily Beast in May after reporting a major error — tweeted a New York Times article exploring how the Daily Beast’s partnership with Newsweek went sour.
Tina tried hard to save Newsweek, which was probably impossible, but this captures the chaos, waste and dysfunction http://t.co/26A0HUhqAR
2. Then his former boss replied.
Hey @HowardKurtz am I forgetting something or didn’t I fire you for serial inaccuracy? Shurely shome mishtake as British hacks like to say..
6. Update: Monday, Aug. 5, 3:10 p.m.
In an email to BuzzFeed’s Kate Aurthur (and to Politico), Howard Kurtz declined to fight back.
“I’m going to take the high road and say I’m proud of my accomplishments at the Beast and wish Tina and my friends there all the best.”
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›