1. This was west Iceland’s Kolgrafafjordur fjord on Tuesday.
2. It’s the second time in two months that thousands of herring have washed up on shore.
3. The fish are believed to have died from lack of oxygen, the AP reports.
4. A landfill and bridge were constructed across this fjord in 2004 — the lack of oxygen now is apparently a prolonged consequence of those projects.
5. The number of herring found dead on Tuesday is believed to be worth about $9.8 million.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.