1. This was west Iceland’s Kolgrafafjordur fjord on Tuesday.
2. It’s the second time in two months that thousands of herring have washed up on shore.
3. The fish are believed to have died from lack of oxygen, the AP reports.
4. A landfill and bridge were constructed across this fjord in 2004 — the lack of oxygen now is apparently a prolonged consequence of those projects.
5. The number of herring found dead on Tuesday is believed to be worth about $9.8 million.
- Super Bowl 50 catch-up: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."